- Obtained from Citrus bergamia skins (hybrid of bitter orange and lemon)
- Limonene, Linalyl Acetate and Linalool are the major chemical compounds24,25
- Furanocoumarin free (no risk of phototoxic reactions if Perskindol is used outdoor)
Mechanism of Action
Anti-inflammatory effect26, 27, 28
- AI activity was demonstrated using the carrageenan-induced rat pawoedema test
- Reduction of the expression of important inflammatory mediators, such as TNF-and IL-1 and neutrophil infiltration (colon tissues of DNBS-injected mice)
- Induces peripheral antinociception mediated by opioid mechanism (linalool beeing the most potent analgesic compound of bergamot)
Reduction of anxiety and depression31
- Interaction with cortisol levels
- M. NAVARRA, C. MANNUCCI, M. DELBÒ, G. CALAPAI, CITRUS BERGAMIA ESSENTIAL OIL: FROM BASIC RESEARCH TO CLINICAL APPLICATION. FRONTIERS IN PHARMACOLOGY 6, 36 (2015).
- M. Eleni, M. Antonios, K. George, S. Alexios-Leandros, M. Prokopios, High Quality Bergamot Oil from Greece: Chemical Analysis Using Chiral Gas Chromatography and Larvicidal Activity against the West Nile Virus Vector. Molecules 14, 839 (2009).
- Karaca,M. et al., Investigation of anti-inflammatory activity of bergamot oil. Eur.J.Gen. Med. 4,176–179 (2007).
- D. Impellizzeri et al., The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of bergamot juice extract (BJe) in an experimental model of inflammatory bowel disease. Clin Nutr 34, 1146-1154 (2015).
- N. Ferlazzo et al., Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Citrus bergamia Derivatives: Where Do We Stand? Molecules 21, (2016).
- T. Sakurada et al., Intraplantar injection of bergamot essential oil induces peripheral antinociception mediated by opioid mechanism. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 97, 436-443 (2011).
- S. Katsuyama et al., Effect of plantar subcutaneous administration of bergamot essential oil and linalool on formalin-induced nociceptive behavior in mice. Biomedical research (Tokyo, Japan) 36, 47-54 (2015).
- E. Watanabe et al., Effects of bergamot ( Citrus bergamia (Risso) Wright & Arn.) essential oil aromatherapy on mood states, parasympathetic nervous system activity, and salivary cortisol levels in 41 healthy females. Forschende Komplementarmedizin (2006) 22, 43-49 (2015).